As members of the Indoor Air Quality Association, Crystal Restoration Services is a mold certified firm with all project managers (including the owners) certified in mold remediation. Crystal Restoration adheres to five general principles used in the remediation of mold-contaminated structures and materials. Here's what we'll do:
- Provide for the health and safety of workers and occupants. Mold contaminated buildings, systems and contents are associated with a range of health problems.
- Document the conditions and work processes. An effective mold remediation plan cannot be developed without first determining the extent of contamination to be removed.
- Control the contaminant at its source.When mold spores are aerosolized, they become very difficult to captureInitial moisture mitigation services may be performed to control mold amplification, while ensuring that mold contamination does not spread from more contaminated to less contaminated or non-contaminated areas.
- Physically remove the contamination (source removal).
- Correct the moisture problem to prevent recontamination. Since mold spores are present at background levels in a normal fungal ecology, mold growth is virtually inevitable if moisture is not controlled.